Wednesday 21 December 2016

Summer Learning Journey - Week 1 - Day 4- Weather in Canberra

Activity 1

Today I have to write about the weather in Canberra. I have to write the about how the weather will be in 5 days. For Example: On Friday it is going to ran. Something like that.

Here is an image of the weathers on Today, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday which is Christmas.

As you can see on the image today it is going to be super hot and sunny, so that is a great day to have a swim or go to the beach.  Then on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday it is going to be sunny and some clouds. But on Saturday there is going to be an thunderstorm on the afternoon. On Christmas day it is going to be mostly sunny which is awesome.

Activity 2

Today I have to write a list about what I would bring if I went to Australia. I am going to list 10 things. 
  • *T - Shirt*
  • *Shoes*
  • *Shorts*
  • *Jeans*
  • Togs ( Just in case I swim)
  • *Family*
  • Sunscreen
  • Umbrella
  • Jacket/Jumper
If you guys are thinking what are those stars thing well I had to do that to list 5 important things.




3 comments:

  1. Hello Anna,

    This is great work. Did you know that most of the world uses Degrees Celcius, and that mainly America and some other smaller countries use fahrenheit, which is the F next to the temperature you've used?

    Well, you remember how I'm a teacher? I really love teaching interesting little facts like this, so I hope you don't mind if I tell you a little story... if you do mind, maybe just skip to the end haha.

    A long time ago, a Polish scientist invented the scale of fahrenheit, using equal parts salt and water to make the temperature of 0 degrees on the thermometer. Then he used the average human temperature to make the high point of 96 degrees. And that is how the thermometre was marked so people could tell what the temperature was. Sounds a bit strange, right?

    Celsius, our measurement, was made because a scientist thought 'Fahrenheit is illogical. Salt water, human body heat? What do they have to do with anything? Why don't we just use the freezing and boiling points of something easy, like water?' and so he made ANOTHER scale on thermometres called degrees Celsius!

    And that's what we use today! So 0 degree Celsius is when it is so cold that the when water freezes, and 100 degrees Celsius is when water boils. Cool eh? In fahrenheit those are 32 and 212. Such random numbers!

    I hope that was interesting. Maybe next time you can use Celsius. Don't worry about this time : )

    Can't wait to see your next blog!


    Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna
    I live in London and saw your blog . WOW i cant believe that weather in Canberra is so hot!!! Its winter here and maybe we'll have a white snowy xmas, but I don't think it will get quite that cold. Are you expecting the same sunny weather as Canberra in NZ?
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete