Saturday 14 January 2017

Summer Learning Journey - Week 3 - Day 15 - Activity 2 - Loving School

Today I am writing about:

Back in those days, children usually went to school until they reached the age of 12 or 13. They then left school and went to work. Imagine that you were alive 100 years ago. How would you feel if you had to leave school at the age of 12? Would you be happy or sad? On your blog, tell us how you would feel.

If I left school at age 12 I will feel sad because I LOVE school.  I am the only one who loves school I will cry for school if I didn't go to school. Also I am turning 12 this year, I will be crushed to pieces if I had to leave school at the age of 12.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anna,

    I felt a range of emotions when reading your blog post tonight. I was so happy to read that you love school but also very sad to read that you would be crushed if you had to leave at the age of 12. I can completely understand as I also really love/loved school and would have struggled if I had to stay home and not attend class. I think that we are so lucky to have the choice to go to school. We were born at a great time, in fact, as we can choose to not only go to primary school, intermediate school and high school but we also have the option of going to college or university. I did my very best all through high school in order to earn a scholarship for university. My family wasn't able to afford to send me to university without some help but, if you work hard enough, you can often earn money or prizes that can help you achieve your goal of going to uni.

    I just finished my university studies last year and I am so glad that I went. University was SOOO much fun! I hope that you continue to love school and find yourself pursuing your dreams at college, uni or in the workforce. You can do anything that you set your mind to!

    All the best :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, with that attitude towards learning, you will truly go far!

    Rachel is right about getting educated and it is so lovely to hear that you are so passionate about school. I know it is hard when you are the only one that likes something in your own family, but just remember that you are you and what you love is important. If you stop loving what you love, you lose a part of yourself and it might take a long time to find it again.

    I really love your attitude and hope you continue to be an amazing student!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete